Health & Safety matters to Telereal Trillium
Protecting the well being of our people, supply chain, customers and the general public in the delivery of our business activities is our priority.
Our commitment to health and safety is demonstrated by our excellent track record and supported by external benchmarking and accreditation, including OHSAS 18001 certification.
We have a formal written health and safety policy, which sets out a variety of processes and procedures to ensure health and safety remains at the forefront of our business.
Health and safety is an important partnership between the company and our people. There are a number of tools we utilise in order to protect the safety of our people.
- All employees are given formal health and safety training relevant to their roles
- New employees attend induction training, which includes our health, safety and welfare policies and procedures
- All new employees are issued with a health and safety handbook, which provides a broad overview of the main issues they are likely to face while at work. Access to the handbook for all other staff is via our intranet
- All employees who drive on official business have been given a Drivers Handbook which includes our policies and tips for safety
- In 2011 a new health and safety e-learning platform was introduced to further promote awareness
- We hold quarterly employee health and Safety committee meetings attended by representatives from all areas of the business, to identify any areas of concern and promote important information
- Our employees complete Display Screen Equipment (DSE) online training and self-assessment modules that provides guidance on how to set up display screen and associated equipment to reduce health risks
Ensuring our employees are fully aware of health and safety issues and receive appropriate training not only protects them, but also creates a safer environment for our customers and members of the public.
We only use suppliers who demonstrate their health and safety competence through successful completion of a pre-qualification process. This ensures they have:
- Sufficient health and safety arrangements to carry our works safely and without risk
- Processes to ensure that all sub-contractors have appropriate health and safety arrangements in place
- Experience and track record confirming they are capable of doing the work
- A sufficient number of suitably trained people to undertake the work
Throughout the contract with our suppliers, their performance is monitored to ensure that the highest standards of health and safety are being maintained and all necessary legislation is being met.
External benchmarking and accreditation
We are at the forefront of health and safety management and are committed to continuous improvement. Telereal Trillium has been recognised by The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA), winning gold at the Occupational Health and Safety Awards for seven consecutive years.
In March 2015, Telereal Trillium was again re-certified to Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) 18001 accreditation after fulfilling a number of stringent objectives and targets.