In late 2012, Telereal Trillium sponsored the conference 'Delivering value for money and innovation in defence' hosted by independent think tank Reform.
Telereal Trillium Executive Chairman Ian Ellis joined defence industry influencers and experts including Rt Hon Philip Hammond MP, the Secretary of State for Defence; Jon Thompson, Permanent Under Secretary, Ministry of Defence; and Rt Hon Jim Murphy MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Defence, to discuss transformation, value for money and maximising opportunities in defence, with a particular focus on the defence estate.
Ian’s presentation highlighted the role the private sector has to play in delivering a better value defence estate.
The full speaker list included:
- Rt Hon Philip Hammond MP, Secretary of State for Defence
- Rt Hon Jim Murphy MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Defence
- Jon Thompson, Permanent Under Secretary, Ministry of Defence
- Rt Hon Margaret Hodge MBE MP, Chair, Public Accounts Select Committee
- General the Lord Richard Dannatt, GCB CBE MC DL, Chief of the General Staff 2006-2009
- Oliver Colvile MP, Vice-Chair, All Party Parliamentary Group for the Armed Forces
- Carola Hoyos, Defence Correspondent, Financial Times
- Bernard Brown, Head of Defence, Security & Intelligence, KPMG
- Dr Roger Hood QVRM TD DL, Strategic Intelligence Director & Defence Advisor, HP Defence
- Ian Ellis, Executive Chairman, Telereal Trillium