09 May 2019
Telereal Trillium and Blackstone Property Partners, with Network Rail, have been recognised for the joint venture acquisition of Network Rail’s commercial estate business, under the category ‘Deal of the Year’ at the highly prestigious national Property Week Awards 2019.
Conducted annually, the Property Awards, run by Property Week, is the UK's leading and most prestigious annual awards dedicated to the full spectrum of the commercial property industry.
This year’s Property Awards received a record number of entries leading to the longest ever shortlisted number of companies – 186 to be exact.
Other companies shortlisted for ‘Deal of Year’ were:
- Avison Young - acquisition of GVA
- Aviva Investors Real Assets - funding of Enterprise City, Manchester
- AXA Investment Managers - acquisition of Quadrant Real Estate Advisors' debt platform
- Cubex Land - sale of Aurora, Bristol
- Barclays and Drum Property Group - deal to create campus for Barclays at Buchanan Wharf
- Lambert Smith Hampton - deal to create new offices for Babcock in Bristol
- Manse Opus - pre-let to Meggitt at Prospero Ansty
- Muse Developments - sale and pre-let of 361,000 sq ft distribution unit
- Network Rail, Telereal Trillium and Blackstone Property Partners - sale of Network Rail's commercial estate business to Telereal Trillium and BlackstoneProperty Partners
- NOMA - letting to Amazon at Hanover, Manchester
- Nuveen Real Estate - acquisition of 90% stake in Devonshire Square, London
- Patron Capital - sale of its share in CALA Homes to L&G
Russell Gurnhill, CEO and Telereal Trillium said: “The teams across Telereal Trillium, Blackstone and Network Rail have put a huge amount of effort in making sure this large and highly complex acquisition was a success. We feel privileged to have won this award and we thank Property Week for hosting this fantastic annual event.”
For more information about the 2019 Property Awards event and winners, visit https://awards.propertyweek.com/propertyawards2019/en/page/2019-winners
This is the second win for Telereal Trillium, Blackstone Property Partners and Network Rail this year, having won ‘Deal of the Year’ at the Norwood YN Property award earlier this year. Click here to read more.
The deal is further shortlisted in Variety’s 28th The PROPS Awards taking place on 14 May 2019.